from the ASX...
NMT: LITHIUM BATTERY RECYCLING - OUTSTANDING COST ESTIMATES
May 7th, 2021
Operating and Capital Cost estimates finalised for a Primobius 50tpd (18,250tpa) commercial recycling plant in Germany based on successful pilot plant trials of Neometals’ proprietary hydrometallurgical flowsheet;
Operating cost estimate of €1,417 (US$1,560) per tonne of batteries processed;
Capital cost estimate of €150M (US$165M)(inc.10% contingency) for 50tpd (18,250tpa) recycling operation;
Capital cost increase from 2019 Scoping Study largely attributable to construct-own buildings and infrastructure v. commercial lease, additional equipment to increase recoveries and site relocation to Germany; and
Demonstration Plant trials and Feasibility Study on-schedule for completion in July and December 2021 respectively, with a final investment decision on track for the MarQ of 2022.
NMT: QUARTERLY ACTIVITIES REPORT
April 30th, 2021
Lithium-ion Battery (“LIB”) Recycling Project (via 50:50 JV Primobius GmbH, with SMS Group GmbH)
- Demonstration Plant (“DP”) construction activities on track for commissioning phase in May and trials in July 2021;
- LIB feedstocks secured from electric vehicle and energy storage system manufacturers for DP. Multiple testing and evaluation agreements signed for key DP product output;
- Primobius GmbH entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) with Itochu Corporation of Japan to evaluate the recycling of end-of-life batteries from its stationary energy storage business; and
- Class 3 Engineering Cost and Site Selection Studies underway as part of the Feasibility Study for Primobius’ first commercial operation with a design throughput of 20,000tpa.
Lithium Refinery Project (“LR”) (co-funding evaluation on 50:50 basis with Manikaran Power Ltd)
- Jointly funded Class 3 Feasibility Study for proposed Indian lithium refinery JV, utilising Neometals’ Mt Marion concentrate rights, onschedule for completion in JunQ 2021.
NMT: LITHIUM BATTERY RECYCLING - MOU WITH ITOCHU CORPORATION
March 5th, 2021
Primobius (JV between Neometals and SMS group) enters into a recycling MoU with Itochu Corporation of Japan;
MoU provides a framework to evaluate Primobius’ technology and commercial arrangements to recycle Itochu’s end-of-life batteries;
Itochu to supply stationary energy storage batteries for a dedicated Primobius Demonstration Plant trial; and
Products generated during the Trial will be evaluated by Itochu and its supply chain.
NMT: LITHIUM BATTERY RECYCLING - MOU WITH BATTERY MAKER INOBAT
November 3rd, 2020
- MoU with InoBat j.s.a., founder of European battery producer, InoBat Auto j.s.a. (jointly as "InoBat"), to establish cooperation framework for recycling of lithium-ion batteries in Central/ Eastern Europe
- MoU evaluation will build investment case for sustainable recycling of InoBat production scrap and end of life products as well as third party battery feedstock
- Primobius GmbH (50:50 JV between Neometals and German SMS group) and InoBat propose to cooperate on InoBat battery production pilot recycling before processing larger volumes from commercial operations in 2024
- Future Primobius/InoBat hub and spoke operations to produce cathode ready materials for new battery manufacture
- MoU represents the ﬁrst steps in Primobius’ commercial roll-out in Europe and secures a pathway to a source for signiﬁcant volumes of critical plant feed
NMT: MT EDWARDS NICKEL - MINERAL RESOURCE AND EXPLORATION UPDATE
October 6th, 2020
132N deposit Mineral Resource doubles in Nickel tonnes, with the estimate now 460,000 tonnes at 2.0% nickel for 9,050 tonnes of contained nickel; The 132N Mineral Resource is located between 80 and 350 metres below and north of a previous open pit mined by Western Mining Corporation; Global Mineral Resources at the Mt Edwards project increased to 8.72 million tonnes at 1.7% nickel for 146,000 tonnes of contained nickel across 11 deposits; Exploration continues at Lake Eaton South prospect with diamond and RC drilling.